tirsdag 23. juni 2015

Day 138 and 139: Mad Max and Japanese yukata

Monday 22th of June

Ok, I'm going to tell you a little about my experience with the English-logic at my job. I work at a cram school, which is a "school after school"-system. And there are different subjects being taught. I'm, as you properly know, work with English. And today my boss came to talk while I was preparing for class. He said that one of the students didn't understand the "chant along"-part in his textbook. It's a little melody where you sing along English sentences. And this was apparently so difficult that he had cried over it. My boss showed me in the book, and I was thinking about different solutions to solve the problem. My first thought was to go through the words together, and slowly build up the the meaning of the sentence. While I was thinking, my boss took out a new book for me to give the student. I got a little confused, and asked if the student was to SKIP the parts he didn't understand, and that was exactly what he was thinking. So...If something is difficult, we just skip it!?

Japan got this "perfectionism" going on, where it's more important for a child to get a perfect score than to understand what he/she is doing. It's such a shame because I have the resources to help the students. But that is apperantly not how it's done at my workplace. So the student got a new book and all worries were left behind. 

Tuesday 23rd of June

Jimmys got 2 weeks of from Uni! It's always nice to have a little vacation ;)  After my Global Mindset class I bought tickets for the Mad Max movie at 15:30. Jimmy has never been to a Japanese cinema so, since I'm a pro at this, I'm taking him~ Then I rode my bike home and soon after Jimmy took the train to my place ^_^ We hang out a little before heading to Minamiosawa to eat lunch 


We had some time before the movie started to we went to the mall nearby. They sell yukata
yukata (浴衣?) is a Japanese garment, a casual summer kimono usually made of cotton or synthetic fabric, and unlined. Yukata are worn by men and women.
and I found one that I really liked so I bought it! Pretty random, but it's something I have wanted for a long time. Now I just need an occasion to use it, hehe. This is my first time trying to wear it, so be kind! I think I'll have to ask someone with experience when I'm wearing it outside. Don't want to make any "gaijin"-mistakes :P 

Either way, back to the cinema! There were only 5-6 people in the entire hall so it was very nice. The movie Mad Max it self was weird because of the storyline. But the action and style was cool! 
 After the movie we hung out at my place and didn't really do anything special xD Our favourite hobby is to snuggle and nap, true story! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar