lørdag 9. mai 2015

Day 91.92 and 93: Family dinner, Job interview and Party

Hello!

Thursday 7th of May
So today I had to do one of the things I hate the most in Japan...Go to the immigration bureau. If you have read my blog before, you know how many hours I have spent waiting at the immigration bureau. And yet again, I had to go there... But the reason I had to go there is positive! I have a job interview at a school in Minami Osawa (where my Uni is) :D The only thing is that the inteview is in Japanese! Heeeeeelp! I'm so nervous, but so happy that I got the chance. According to Theresa, the person in charge; Kaneko Sensei, is very eager to meet me. And she says that it's nothing to be scared of, even though I'm sure I'm going to fuck it up somehow, haha! Something that happens quite often is that japanese people think I'm much better at Japanese than what I actually am. And the reason is my pronounciation is very good, and it gives the impression that I know a lot of Japanese. So when the conversation stops because I don't understand, Japanese people seem very pussled to why I don't understand. which goes back to my "confidence" in pronounciaton. I feel like I'm cheating, by giving the impression I'm good, when I'm not, haha! So when I say I'm not good in Japanese, it seems like I'm just being humble, when in fact, I'm just not good in Japanese! HAHAHA!!
So everyone! Please wish me good luck! Because I really need it :P But back to the main story! If you didn't realise it: the reason I went to the immigration bureau is to apply to have a job. Luckily, I didn't have to go all the way to Shinagawa, I could go to the local one. And as always; Kazuki was so kind to follow me and Manon there. Manon got a job as a waitress, so she was there to get her "stamp" because she already applied. At the bureau we had to wait at least 2 hours... At this point we were so hungry we ate by the station. It was very good! All-you-can-eat bread buffe! How awesome!


Later that day I met up with Jimmy to eat dinner with his dad (Roger) and his wife (Amanda). It's their first day in Japan, and it's Amandas birthday! Jimmy and I bough her a card and traditional Japanese candy. We met at Tokyo station and went to eat at a Spanish bar 





We ate tapas and it was very good! I'm not too fond of seafood, but their mussels and scallops were delish~ It was interesting to see their japanese take on the mexican tapas. I was a little nervous to meet Jimmys family, but I forgot about the nervousness right away. They were so nice to talk to and I had a great time! I think they like me back, hehe. I really hope we can hang out again before, and I think we will. 

Friday 8th of May
Had my two classes as always, before going to Shibuya to party at a night club. At Uni there is a DJ that, tonight, were playing at the club. That was the only reason we knew about it. So I invited my sweet Steffi to join us! The club was awesome; good music and not too many people. We danced and drank, then drank a little too much, haha! Without getting into detail, Penny had to take care of me and help me home (thanx!). Dave joined us too and we discussed taking the train vs a taxi, but it ended up with a taxi. So I got home, and had a good amount of sleep. 

Saturday 9th of May
When I woke up I was feeling pretty good, only had a minor headache! So nice not getting hungover :) So I ate breakfast, took a shower and started studying Japanese. After a while I watched many episodes of Kuroko no basuke season 3. I think I watched at least 6 episodes, hehe. I also got help from my japanese friends to write the "proper" mail to seinsei at the school I'm applying for a job at. Then Jimmy came to visit :D We went to the supermarket to buy ingredients to make taco!!! :D Roger was so kind to bring us taco-spice and tortillas! It was delish~




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar