torsdag 21. mai 2015

Day 103,104 and 105: Houshold shopping, first day on the job and planning date

Hello!

Tuesday 19th of May
I really like to take the bike to school, even though it takes longer from home to Uni than from Uni to home. It's because the Uni is located on the mountain side + I'm sleepy in the morning. I'm not among the people that look forward to ride a bike before 07:00... It takes about 45 minutes to Uni and 30 minutes home. 

On my way home today I, in some strange way, managed to take a 180 degreee turn somewhere, leading me BACK to my school (but on the other side)... That was quite embarassed >_> LOL! And not only that but my gear chain jumped off and got stuck. While struggeling, a car from the other side of river crossed the brigde to ask if I needed help. When I said I was OK, they crossed back to the other side and drove. They actually made a "u-turn" for me, just to ask if I needed help. That would happen in Norway MAYBE if the person by chance was going to same way as me... It was very nice of them! Even if I needed help I wouldn't want them to get their hand full of chain oil. But I fixed it and went home ^_^

At home I did some homework and watched the newest episode of supernatural. I think the next episode is the final episode! I also went to buy some food, and you can guess how much it cost:

1 Liter milk, crab, two kiwis, grapes, 800 gram cereal, 12 eggs, 4 small packages of ham, cherry tomatoes, cheese and two small cucumbers. 
It cost about 2700 yen which is 165 kroner. What do you think about it? Expensive? Cheap? The most expensive is the cereal for 800 yen (50 kroner). I don't think it's too bad since it has most of the expensive things: fruit, vegetable and cereal. Meat is also expensive,

Here I bought some stuff for my room etc. The notesbook are not new, only the organizer. I also bought a box, small food containers, pantyhose, furniture-leg-stickers-thing, stickers (for the students) lunchbox, forks and spoons. Can you guess how much this was?
 This is the notebook-organizer. I actually needed one more, but they didn't have any more. And I didn't understand all his japanese, so I don't know when they'll get more.
This was actually cheaper than the food! 1300 yen, 80 kroner. I bought this at a 100 yen store (6,2 kroner) + tax. So stuff for household can be very cheap!

Wednesday 20th of May

So today is the first day on the job! First I had 2 japanese classes at Uni, then I had my mentor look over my japanese homework, then I did my new japanese homework, and THEN I went to work at 14:45. Teresa showed me my locker and how to "clock-in". I have my own slip that I stamp in a machin, and when I'm done I do the same. So for the amount of hours I'm at work is what I get paid for, not the amount of work. This is super because I will probably use a lot of time getting things done.


Teresa then showed me what has to be done before the pupils show up. It wasn't too hard, but there were many details I need to remember: write down what they're doing at what time in their individual notebooks, and in one book that's for all the pupils etc. This is both for they work in the english books but also for the Skype conversation they have with an englsih person. Hopefully I won't make too many mistakes... When the pupils came they were very shy, but nice. And there weren't too many of them either, so I hope to remember their name quickly. The pupils know what to do, so they take care of themselves. When they have questions or need their work checked they come to me and I help them. Then they go back to work. During the pupils work you take notes about how far they're progressing so you know what to give for homework. You also check their homework when they come to class.

When the pupils go home I have to make reservation for the Skype for the next time, etc. I also write a little note in the individual notebooks about their work. I took notes on what to do, and I also got to do it myself, which was very nice.

All in all, I like this job, even though I'm scared of making mistakes... I had a little trouble with the Japanese, but I hope to learn more!

Thursday 21th of May


Today is my day off, so I didn't really do too much. I worked out, did my homework, chatted with different people in the living room and planned the date for Jimmy and I tomorrow. Tomorrow we have been together for 3 months. The time really does fly!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar